The East Caribbean Conference of Seventh-day Adventists has its genesis in the Leeward Islands Mission which was organized in 1926. At the time this consisted of the territories of the Leeward Islands, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Dominica, the Dutch Islands, the origin Islands. Over time a number of adjustments were made as the work grew resulting in what we know today as the East Caribbean Conference. A quick preview of the growth is given below. French Islands organized as a separate mission called the French West Indian Mission in 1929.
Barbados and St. Lucia aligned with the Leeward Islands Conference from the South Caribbean Conference on January 1, 1930. Territory: Barbados to US Virgin Islands. North Caribbean Conference organized January 1, 1976 leaving the East Caribbean Conference Territory as Barbados, Dominica, St. Lucia, Grenada, St. Vincent and the Grenadines aligned with the East Caribbean Conference from the South Caribbean Conference on January 1, 1976. Grenada became an Administrative unit of the East Caribbean Conference, January 1, 1981. Grenada organized as a Mission - January 19, 1983.
Ours is a conference whose goal is the furthering of the Advent message in the Islands of Barbados, Dominica and St .Vincent. Our head office is located in the island of Barbados and from this base the armies of God go forth. Our present membership stands at over 10'000 and is growing as men an women hunger for truth. The membership are based in the three(3) territories in over 120 churches, groups and companies. The work is not limited to spiritual things and many children have passed through our four (4) primary schools and three (3) secondary schools. Other institutions include nursing homes, (In 1970 the Cave Memorial Diagnostic Clinic was established), various ministries and book centers in all our territories. In Barbados two well stocked book stores which also feature a wide variety of vegetarian food is available to the public.